Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Greetings from Mexico

Dear Family

      I am so glad to hear from you, and your experiences over the last week. Davis, I am so proud of your grades, and hope that your leg gets better. Thank you so much for getting Paco out and taking care of him. Mexico City is very Crazy. I could not believe how insane the traffic was between the airport and the MTC.


          The roads were so packed that it would probably cause a traffic jam in the U.S, but not here in Mexico, cars just keep going at the same speed, twisting in and out of lanes. I was very surprised not  to see a wreck on the way to the MTC. The MTC is like a jewel in Mexico City. The whole city seems to be so disorganized, but the MTC, or CCM as we call it, is unbelievably well cared for. Gardners are constantly mowing the lawns, trimming, cleaning the streets that no cars go on, and cleaning our casas (houses) that we live in. The care that goes into caring for this place rivals that of the temples. Unless it is the missionaries dorms, everything is spotless.


           The MTC is very large. I am not sure of the exact amount of acerage, but i have heard that it is three times larger than Provo, with about a third as many people. We have around 900 missionaries in the MTC, and less and less are coming compared to that of leaving. Just six weeks ago, there was around 1300 missionaries here It is filled with a lot of trees, casas, and long rectangular buildings that are used as class rooms. The weather is very nice here, almost the same as at home, except the nights don't get as cold.


          All of the other missionaries are so kind and supportive. I am in a district called 7C, and is filled with amazing missionaries. There are all from around the U.S such as Oregon, Arizona, Georgia, New York, and Wisconsin. Six of the missionaries, including me, are going  to Nicaragua North. The rest are going to El Salvador, Utah, New Jersey, and New Mexico. They are all really fun, we play a game where we secretly slip a spoon into each others pockets, and if you find a spoon in your pocket, you have to give it to someone else without them knowing. My companions name is Elder Ferrin, the same one who was on my itinerary. He is very smart and kind. He reminds me a lot of a slightly taller, blond, and bulkier brother Braithwaite from our ward. I am so glad to have him as a companion, because he already knows so much spanish, and is very easy to get along with.


         My Spanish is going slow, but I already feel like I am learning a lot. My proffesora hermana Nava teaches us mostly gospel words, and not many ones we would use in regular life, but I am sure I will Pick them up eventually. My district is teaching a man by the name of Hermano Edgar. 


My teacher told me that he would be an investigator that wants to hear the gospel, but he is actually another teacher from the school in disguise. My Branch President President Ruiz is from Mexico, and is such a great person.  Even though they their english is not perfect, they are so knind and thoughtful when they speak.

        The first few days were hard, not because of what we had to do, but because of missing you guys. So far, I think the hardest part of being a missionary is not the actual studying and work you have to do, but is missing your family, and knowing that you have an alternative life that is possible for you when life as a missionary gets hard. The CCM is now much better, I cannot believe that I am saying this, but Sunday was definitely  the best day of the week. It was so nice to go to sacrament meeting instead of studying.


      Don't worry about me, the food here is actually decent, and they feed us a lot of food. I will not be starving in the near future. I cannot find a missionary going to Landon Bickley's mission though, or  any missionary going to Mexico. I Think they all go to Provo. I will still ask around though and try to find one.


        I miss you guys a lot and love you so much. I wish I could write more, but this will have to do. I hope you are doing your best, i cannot describe how much I love you guys.
               

             Love Elder Sam Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment