Tuesday, November 25, 2014

We can do hard things.

           As always, thanks for your emails! They are seriously the best part of the week for me. I think that a lot of people think that missions are hard but you are always happy, which for me has not been true. My mission is so much like a roller coaster. Some days I will feel great, and we will do really well in lessons and meeting people. But, other days can be so hard and miserable. Reading your emails helps me take my mind of all the bad things and helps me remember that I can do this. The first few weeks here were so hard. Not that the the things I had to do were hard, but I was so homesick and tired that I was miserable. I am deeply grateful for all of your support you give me through your emails. I miss you all so much. A lot of the time I feel alone out here. But I know that you guys are always there for me.

           This week was really great. We were able to baptize one child whose parents were inactive members! And through this baptism, we met more of his family who are interested in the church. We also have been teaching a family that lives in one of the poorest areas in our area called the promised land, because this is where people are humble and will recieve our message. They are getting married and baptized this Saturday! We have also had some other families we were teaching, but we are dropping them because they dont want to hear us any more. The people here just cant say No when they dont want to listen to our message. They say that we can come back another day, but then make up excuses when we come to teach them, like they are leaving in a few minutes or they pretend not to be home.

              We are taking a trip to Metagalpa this Thursday! I am so excited to go somewhere new. From what I have heard, Tipitapa is not the hottest town like Chinendega or Leon, but it is still so hot! The sun dosnt feel as harsh like back home, but the air is so humid and hot that I sweet ALL the time!  Metagalpa is suppost to be more jungly and cooler than Tipitapa. Ill make sure to take lots of pictures!


               We have not moved into our new apartment yet, but we are planning to tommorrow morning. I am super excited, because right now we are living in a really dirty house. Our house now is to big and hard to mop the whole thing  thouroughly. Our new house will be a lot smaller, has a kitchen! and has  small washroom for plates and clothes! Plus, we are currently living with two other elders, and in our new house, it will only be Elder Jacobsen and I. Its not that I don't like the other elders, its just that some of them are a little dirty. Missionaries from Central America just have a different lifestyle. They don't really care about their stuff, and if they see something they want
to use thats not theirs, they will use it anyways. It was really hard to get use to this at first, but now I am use to it.


            I have gotten a little sick a few ties on my mission. In the MTC. I had a cold, but the medicine you sent me with has helped a lot. My stomach since coming here has been VERY inconsistant. I had lightning diarrhea a few days ago, but luckily we were by a recent converts house and she was willing to let me use here outhouse. I think I just need time to get use to the food. 


            Dont worry!, I am getting plenty of food now. We go to a nearby grocery store called Polli which has lots of foods like good bananas, cereal, bread(But no toppings), and other necesities.

              My spanish is still coming a long. I can usually understand the  natives conversation now, but I miss a ton of the word!  


               Davis, Ike, Mom, and Dad, I love you all so much. Being outhere has opened my eyes. You all meen the world to me. Thank you for all you do. No one out here has it better than we do. Be so thankful that you have what you have, like flushing toilets, air conditioning, a refridgerator, and windows that dont have to be barred. We are so blessed. Next time you think your life sucks, remember that there are people that live in shacks with dirt floors, live on cocoanuts, and share a mega hard and lumpy bed with three of their siblings. They have two sets of clothes, and their most prized possession is usually worth about five bucks. People are so poor here, that today I bought a haircut for fifty Cents! (or ten cordobas, they are the same). We own the world compared to these people.

                  Thanks for all you give me. I have had some dark days out here, but some really great ones as well. I love you so much. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment