Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Die de Muertos


Feliz Dia de los Muertos! The only sight of celebration here for Halloween/Day of the Dead is that the mayor house was closed so we could not retrieve the certificate from the marriage a few weeks ago, what a bummer. Well, at least everything else was good. 

This week we were passing for the family of a guy named Pablo from Corn Island. They live right on the beach so it is pretty sweet to visit them. They are all so great, the seven of them went to see the baptisms on Saturday and all went to church on Sunday. What a miracle. One night walking back from there house a few drunks from the street began to yell and chase us. Luckily drunk people can’t run to fast, so we made it out scratch free.

Last night though, My district leader Elder Chen was robbed by a bunch of guys in the street, they got all their money robbed along with their phone and some bags. Luckily the guys just threw some of it in the street, so they got it back today.

I went on divisions with Elder Chen this week, and it was great. He only has 19 weeks left in the mission so he knows a lot. I feel like I am always still learning how to be a better missionary. Sometimes when we don't have success it feels like I am doing something wrong, but all missionaries go through times without success.

Today was kind of frustrating because we took a taxi to go and buy food, and my cell phone dropped out of my pocket in the seat. We tried to call it a little later, but it was already turned off by someone. 

I want to thank you all so much for all you guys do for me. I love you guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment