Monday, January 25, 2016

¿Frió en Nicaragua?

Well, this week was sure full of a lot of miracles. For once in my mission I have felt the cold. A cold front came in on Saturday with lots of wind, and has cooled things down quite a bit. The wind knocked the cables lose at our house, so we did not have power for a night, but since it was cold there was no need for fans. Just something really weird her, everyone had on their jackets and sweatshirts at about 65 degrees.

We had some good baptisms this week, one was a guy named Johnothan who is about 20 years old, and a girl named Samantha from a member's family. They are such great people, Johnothan came and visited people in the morning with us to invite people to church, right before his confirmation. As my calling as secretary in the branch, I'm in charge of baptizing the eight year olds as ward baptisms. Her mom told us she just completed eight years old, so we took her to baptized. We did not realize till a day later that she was actually 9 years old! Funny how people can lose track of how old you are, birthdays are not to big of a deal here, especially when some families have 7 kids!

This next week is changes, I hope that I don't have to leave, but I'll go where the Lord Needs me. I think a lot of my friends are going to be leaving Puerto this change. We all have from 8 months to a year in this zone, so we might be out of here real soon. 

Today we had a meeting broadcasted from Managua to us from Elder Christensen from the seventy. We could not hear much, but it was fun to have the zone together.

Love all you guys so much, have a great week!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment